Please read the below information regarding installation, maintenance, and choice of stone.
- Weaker sections such as the thin strips at sinks or cooktops have the potential to crack, please
ensure there is adequate support in these areas.
- Please allow the silicone/ sealer at the seams to dry before cleaning. If there is ongoing
construction, please be aware of possible dust residue.
- Please do not sit, stand, walk on or move the stone before the silicone, sealer and adhesive dries
as this can cause the seams to move, pop or sag.
- Don’t use bathroom cleaner, grout cleaner, tub cleaner, vinegar, bleach, ammonia, or any
abrasive cleaners on countertops.
- Use warm water and a soft cloth or sponge to clean countertops. Use a PH-neutral cleaner such as Chemico or Windolene. Prolonged use of some cleaners, including dish soap, can leave a dull film.
NATURAL STONE (GRANITE/MARBLE):
- Due to how natural stone is formed and later mined, there can be variations in colour, texture, and characteristics, such as indentations, water lines, and fissures.
- Natural stone edges can chip and dropping heavy objects on tops can also cause damage.
- Excess weight, standing, sitting, walking on, excess heat, fire or flame can also cause the stone
- Natural stone can stain and scratch. Clean all spills immediately and use placemats under
anything that can scratch the surface.
- There is, unfortunately, no warranty on natural stone
QUARTZ (Engineered Stone):
- As an engineered product, quartz is more uniform in appearance compared to natural stone.
- While quartz is heat resistant, sudden large temperatures can burn or warp the stone.
- We recommend that hot pots and pans never be placed directly on the surface. Rather use a hot
pad or trivet on the surface and under cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or
- It is not recommended for outdoor use. Too much direct sunlight can lead to unpleasant
HIGH SINTERED STONE:
- Sintered stone is a matrix of minerals heated (sintered) to form a solid impenetrable mass that
results in a surface that cannot be etched, scratched, burned, or stained.
- Like quartz, the sintered stone is engineered so there is more uniform in appearance.
- This is an excellent option for outdoor projects as it is weatherproof and waterproof.